Cologne PIF **join here**

So I have had a few days to smell the scents, who is next on the list, perhaps they can PM me their address so I can forward on early next week.

Walker is there a similar base to the scents as there is something familiar to the scents.

I think my favourite is the Gentlemans club, I'm not too keen on the others, they are nice smells but just not for me, but thats the nature of fragrance its very much to your particular tastes. I was excited of the sound of the sub-lime but I think it needed a more zesty lime scent, similar with the cherry, I prefer a morello cherry type smell to actual cherrys if that makes sense, sweeter perhaps.

Thank you Walker for the opportunity to have a smell of the range.

Thanks for the review fly. There is an additive common in most of the scents but i think we are going to stop using it, it's not supposed to be picked up but quite a few people have commented that they can smell a similar smell in colognes that have totally different ingredients bar that one.

So more Lime in the Sub-Lime and more cherry in the Cherry. That can be easily sorted. I think it's me sometimes, I smell the cologne and think oh that's too heavy so use a little less but it seems most people like them to be heavy.

The supplier now has Civit and Ambergris fragance oils so I'm wondering if I should try something with those!

It's Helveticum next on the list. I'll pm him.

It seems he's reached his PM limit, lets hope he sees the post.

Interesting on the additive as I say they all have a similar note to them which I guess is this. I think the stronger the better, and the fruitier.

What are the notes in the Gentlemans Club? If its not a secret!

I do love fragrance, I bet it must be very interesting trying to mix up fragrances.

fly3k said:
So I have had a few days to smell the scents, who is next on the list, perhaps they can PM me their address so I can forward on early next week.

Walker is there a similar base to the scents as there is something familiar to the scents.

I think my favourite is the Gentlemans club, I'm not too keen on the others, they are nice smells but just not for me, but thats the nature of fragrance its very much to your particular tastes. I was excited of the sound of the sub-lime but I think it needed a more zesty lime scent, similar with the cherry, I prefer a morello cherry type smell to actual cherrys if that makes sense, sweeter perhaps.

Thank you Walker for the opportunity to have a smell of the range.

Hi there,

I haven't had an opportunity to pass my thoughts on the scents. Firstly, many thanks for the opportunity.

I was excited by the thought of the sub-lime, too, and also the Vanilla/Tobacco. As per fly3k, the lime wasn't "citrussy" enough. I regularly use Pinaud Lime Sec which I find light and fresh. The sub-lime had a little too much sweetness perhaps.
My favourite was also the Gents Club, although I found the name a little misleading - I was expecting leathery, smoky notes, but it was a lot sweeter than I was expecting.

I am know fragrance expert, but I don't think you are too far away, although I would imagine the final few tweaks are the most difficult to get right.

Thanks again
Jon

Thanks guys for taking the time to give your opinions, much appriciated.

The Sub-Lime is to be adjusted, reducing the violet (which is quite sweet) and adding more lime to see if we can give it more 'zest'.

The Gent's Club is based on Petigrain with Lime, Ginger, Cinnamon, Oakmoss, Vetiver and Orange. I'm going to try adding some Leather and Tobacco but tone down the sweetness a little.

The other 4 also need tweeking, what were your thoughts on those? 946?

It does take a long time to adjust the fragrances and as everyone is different, we all smell it differently and more importantly it smells different on different people it can be tricky. We'll keep at it and see what we can do.

If anyone has any suggestions as to the type of fragrance they would like then I would be happy to mix up another 6 for another PIF.

Thanks again.

Jacob

To be honest , i think you have really gone in at the deep end , trying to do some very complex combinations , maybe try some more simple fragrances , maybe some aftershaves as there less complex , they didnt smell to me as "colognes" more like the essential oil fragrance oils you got back in the 80's that you used in a oil burner , so maybe that has something to do with the "Base" ingredient that you use ?

Maybe a "lavender/mint" type fragrance , not unlike C&S "Oxford & Cambridge" Or a "leathery/tobacco/spice" type one ;)

I get what you mean, sometimes simple is better.

The 'base' is perfumers alcohol, which most fragrances use and is odourless. The additive I think people are picking up on is supposed to 'intensify' the notes, it does not have a smell of it's own as such but it may be the common smell that's in the background. I have tried some of the colognes without it and it does not seem to make a difference so there is no point using it and it will be binned.

Back to basics and start again, it's all on the learning curve!

Managed to get a PM through to Helveticum so hopefully he will get back to me soon so the PIF can go on. A little more feedback as my dad came round and I showed him the colognes. He too like the Gentlemans Club and surprisingly the 946, which I didnt like. (he is 64 though) He found the others a bit too sweet. I had another sniff of the Sub-Lime and it is kinda growing on me but needs more zest.

Thanks fly, it's interesting about 946 as my dad is 64 and he likes it too. When you try them do you spray them on or just sniff from the bottle? You can spray onto a piece of paper and leave it to see how it develops, they do change after a while.

They are yes, I'm not sure it's at its next destination though. It should be with Helveticum after fly3k posted in on the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom