S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th June to Friday 14th June 2013 ...

Bit of a funny old shave today. First use of Arlington shaving cream in ages, which I was very impressed with. 1st use of a Supermax orange'n'blue blade, which I wasn't!

Prep: Proraso Pre
Cream: DR Harris Arlington / Kent BK2
Razor (first): Edwin Jagger DE89 / Supermax stainless (for about half a pass - blade was abysmal!)
Razor (second): Gem Clog Pruf / Gem Coated Blade, 3rd use (for the rest)

This shave confirmed two things for me - that Supermax was easily the worst modern blade I've tried, secondly 3 is the magic number when it comes to the Gem SE blades - I always have two rough shaves followed by two or three decent ones.

My first wet shave for a while. Four days of growth removed effortlessly and with great pleasure:
An initial 'custom' lather: 70% TOBS Sensitive skin cream/ 30% proraso Red was followed by a hot flannel.
A new Astra Green blade graced my Merkur Futur while I reapplied the lather.
Boy oh boy! The Merkur and I just mowed that beard, mowed it I tell you.
Every second of prep was time well spent.
Finished off with my favourite Decleor post shave which never fails to please.
Superb. Now relaxed and ready for bed. :sleepy:

Wednesday xii June, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+ Care Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Cold Water Splash
Brush: Bodger 404
Soap: Jabonman Tangerine & Vetiver
Razor: Merkur 38C Barberpole
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Result: Lovely soap, great blade with a brush and razor that never lets me down. Lovely.

All the best, gents.

Jon

Wednesday:

Palmolive cream
Semogue SOC Boar
FaTip/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman AS

Nice shave, BBS results. The FaTip is aggressive! Need to go really carefully with it.

Tues night, really getting to think that longer between shaves is better, but i think its all about practice and getting used to angles and lather.
steve

6b92c80d-68b5-40fd-91af-2463e8e3fe24_zps54d09fab.jpg
[/URL]

Gillette Old Gold
Rapira (2)
Omega Crema da Barba
Boots Butterscotch No4
Alum - no sting at all!
Nivea Q10
Agua Balsamica
Cella Classico

Much smoother on the neck and under the chin though I'm still finding it a little difficult to maintain such a shallow angle.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Traditional Shaving Co. Pure Badger
Razor: EJ DE98L (shimmed)
Blade: Feather (1)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Limes Skin Food

Not used the DE89L razor in a long time as it's a bit mild. Shimmed and with a Feather gave a very comfortable shave, couldn't even feel it working.
Also TOBS Sandalwood has made an appearance after a long time, I think it makes my skin a little red but hardly noticeable, went after a half hour though.

Results: almost BBS but trouble free.

Wednesday 06-12-13.

d17c454d-57ea-4ef2-a943-f9ce324c40e3.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 11C - Astra green #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Calani Iberische Sonne - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Dr. Harris Arlington Cologne.

Afternoon, all.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Yuma, shimmed
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor Bodger
Shave sopa: QED Lavender stick
A/S: Home-made lavender spalsh
Cologne: English Fern

My old friend Nicky visited for a little while but didn't stay long. Everything was fine after that.

bYt6987.jpg

MRGLO
Merkur 34G
Polsilver SI
Palmolive Cream
Duke 2 Pure
Superdrug Sierran Breeze

First time with 34G; quite a mild razor, reminiscent of the EJ really. Polsilver was good.

Yesterday and today... used the same stuff, which is:

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, MWF
ATT Titan M1, Rapira Swedish
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Very nice shave from the M1, especially today (getting more used to it). Although I prefer shorter handles, I think the longer and heavier Titan handle suits the milder M1 head... and I'm getting the hang of it

Back
Top Bottom