Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

F059A4B2-078F-4CF1-A530-6B9115A718B7.jpeg

Gillette Flare Tip Rocket #80 Rhodium | Rapira Platnium Lux | Hand-carved Oak with Zenith Unbleached Boar | Benjamin’s Bay Rum | Quorum EdT

Decemboar 15 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega GFS Wild Hog
Soap - Palmolive Cream
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

With around 40 shaves with the Omega/GFS Wild Hog, I'd say it's largely broken in and it's a little floppy now, but pleasant enough to build a lather with.

IMG_20221215_133750.jpg

Arriving with the theme, 'The somethingrd day before Christmas'

20221215_170330.jpg

Razornd - Muhle R89
Bladerd - Super Max
Brushth - Zenith dark synthetic
Soaprd - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo

'And then I spent all my money at the Emporium. I am destitute'

Another date with the 89 as I am finding its mild manner to be perfect in this colder weather and sensitive skin. A cracker. And another Christmas cracker.....
A very happy seasonal shave with merriment all round.

Merriment? Some merry Japanese ladies for you.....

Thursday 15th December

AL9nZEXFeOdmTtRSXJ55Z6-go3q0E0ynf-cgu2lvlzoUNL5jUJMIU-ujT718-5P3yOG-3fe8x-KQbxB7lTzg4eM3p8_KmY6ezCCR3LhTZZzJ7-xkw-jFUbXrwV7clr2jCSufOu62_qLmW76ntiNGSvWPfnP-8w=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (White) 25mm Boar
Merkur 37C & Treet 7 Days Platinum (4)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

My initial disappointment in this post-2015 Merkur 37C for being not as aggressive as I recall (the pre-2015) is now well and truly gone. This tweaked razor is beautifully refined into a smooth and safe slant that delivers the same shave without the aggression. Lovely!

I've been enjoying an attar today called Festimusk, which is billed as a Chypre Floral (notes: Rose, Orris, Vanilla, Patchouli & Musk) despite on the face of it appearing to be another Black Musk. The scent is actually quite green, but the vanilla comes through very strongly for the first two or three hours before settling back and permitting the floral through. The Clubman Classic Vanilla aftershave picked up that theme just right! Likewise, it's also quite a green splash with a light vanilla essence in the throughdraft. Smashing!

Gorgeous to use the donkey milk soap again. Yep! It's certainly my second favourite soap (after Mitchell's) so I wasn't lying in the "Fab 4" thread ...

Back
Top Bottom