Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

Wednesday 14th December

AL9nZEWgRpfPcdStC-z_YDuGpdLMROGuKngh6R73onI6TC0kaPcjEGfu-hy2tTcUfCYEwCxSbLNZ1l9nMWobN91Z4QazoOuUdfeIQhZM3MR_EF8IkVCnlzXx-N56hi8IIgolNpgAXE6XfI0ZMbKNIZyDqiqwXA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (White) 25mm Boar
Merkur 15C & Treet 7 Days Platinum (3)
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave Lotion

I'm finding that what you might term mild razors with a sharp blade really suit me. Smashing shave from this Merkur.

... and the joy of opening a fresh bottle of Clubman.
But you have a perfectly good Single Ring just going to waste! :cry:

Thu 15
Cream/Soap Suezbana Aloe Vera & Lavender
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Nice enough lather from the cream/soap and brush combination. Clubman is always good...
Good shave with this heavy-weight razor. Nice enough edge...am considering a refresh, Naniwa 12k, or La Lune...hmmm. Enjoyable 3 passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20221215_131155.jpg

SOTD: 15th December 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 99R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Denim Original ASL./Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Last early morning shave and working shift of 2022 before I break up for the Christmas holidays until the 9th January 2023!...I've hardly taken any of my holidays this year so I'll have a nice long relaxing Christmas break.

To compare the Gillette Winner Platinum with the Stainless i used in my previous shaves I find the stainless more assertive & smoother. However, both blades gave acceptable shaving results.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 15-Dec
20221213_091147.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: P&B BlueBird
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE

Lovely shave this morning that required a little more effort. Didn't load quite enough initially from the puck, had to return after the first pass. No great hardship, I think I've just been used to these slightly softer soaps that pick up a little easier. Still ended up with a cracking lather for a nice smooth finish. Happy days!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 15
"Skin deep"
Pre: wash with La Toja Magno
Brush: Omega Ovangkol wood boar
Soap: Officina Artigiana Milano
Razor: '64 Gillette Slim (#4)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SP (2)
EdT: Zara #Tobacco Collection Intense/Dark/Addictive

After yesterday's shave with this setup which promised much but fell short, knowing it was me rather than the setup I have gone again. Back one notch on the Slim just in case, but I think I just used too much soap and didn't hydrate it enough. Today just a few swirls on the puck and a wetter face lather with this great little brush that's barely broken in. Massive difference. Maybe the blade has smoothed off after the first run too. Close and comfortable. So close in fact, that my "golden brown" setup reduced my facial hair to skin deep. Cue more Stranglers.
20221215_080929.jpg

View attachment 97522

Rockwell - plate 3 - on an Executive Shaving stainless steel handle. A standard reference razor for me - so good it ends up boring? Vintage blade test ahoy! What are these? Nineteen sixties or seventies? That's a quality dispenser. Against the run of play - the Simpson Trafalgar synth with proper old-school D R Harris Marlborough triple-milled. Floid mentally vigorous and balm. Dry cold? I reach for a balm at this time of year. I'm looking for comfort and longevity from these blades - 'golden era' as they are. My base reference is the Aussie Spoiler - easily 20+ shaves comfortably. To be honest - the first pass was awful - it got better quickly. Maybe some crap on the blade edge or dispenser after all those years unused? Should you wipe the things with alcohol or Barbacide? After that - they became excellent - immediately. In for the long haul - shave well all - I.
Barbicide for sure no .
I use many P74 and others vintage blades
If they looks good to my eyes I strop in my hand , hot water and start

15 December
Keep it simple day,
Razor: Personna Made in Britain
Blade: PoliSilver super iridium
Soap: Extro O’Selvaggio
Brush: Zenith synthetic

Post shave, Alum block, Man Cave SPF moisturiser, vintage Avon Wild Country Old English après-rasage

Nothing remarkable about the shave to report, let’s say it was adequate but as I’ve said before I don’t want to remove a layer of epidermis on a daily basis.

The Avon Après-Rasage was bought on impulse, me not knowing what it would smell like, since whilst it’s boxed and unused it’s clearly old, as in Old English.
I can only say that it reminded me of old barbers shop smell, if you’re old enough to remember the small red rubber squeezer that the barber used to puff talc on your neck after a haircut, that’s it. More barber shop for me than Old Spice. I doubt there’s anything around today like it, which is probably no bad thing and I’m not sure it will get daily use. Let’s just say it’s one for the collection.
Have a great day fellas!

82972190-9237-40DF-AB12-246B4C8594FB.jpeg

15/12/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 50 (6).JPG
Yeah, that was real nice. BBS and very comfortable in 2 passes.
Snowing heavy now, boots cleaned and re-waterproofed ready for my hike to the Dentist for my checkup.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Been a bit lackadaisical on my posts.

Tuesday
Should have been an outstanding, enjoyable shave with the acquired Gem Micromatic that had been cleaned and made ready, loading in a Gem blade. Used Latigo as it's a very well known by me and I can then make informed assessment of my shave.

Absolute dog shit, took the top of a mole off and had little weepers chin, neck, cheek. All I thought was:
Weepers, weepers, everywhere; not a patch was clear!
If I'm being honest, it was the worst shave of the year!

Wednesday - didn't shave, my face was still bloody sore from Tuesday's hatchet job!

Is the Micromatic a lot more aggressive than pretty much every other SE I have? I would say possibly. Will get the jewel out tomorrow to see how this blade is in another SE.

Thursday
Rocket HD with the Minora blade and a bit of British Leather. Super close, not a single issue!

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_122233__01.jpg
    IMG_20221213_122233__01.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221215_100621__01.jpg
    IMG_20221215_100621__01.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 7
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock yellow (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: House of Mammoth - Alive

The Rockwell never disappoints. For a change I went with plate 4 today. Still a very efficient shave without having to pay too much attention.
I have been using the Rockwell exclusively for six month now. In this time I have acquired a few razors which I am going to start introducing from the new year. Looking forward to it!
A first shave with this BST purchased soap. Without BST I would not be able to afford half of stuff I have so thank you all BST suppliers.
Back to the soap, performance was excellent however the scent may not be quite right up there on my preferred list.

SOTD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom