SOTD: Saturday 24 to Friday 30 December of 2022

And arriving on your screens is my shave themed, 'How the bloody hell did I manage this?'

View attachment 98063

It shouldn't have been - Stainless Mongoose
No way - Feather Super Professional
No chance - PAA Pelegrino
Incredible - Signature Soaps Londinium
Did I get this far? - L'Occitane Cade

'Introducing the ultimate shaving gadget. The pop-up portable shaving room. Available from all good outlets. But not the Emporium'

For the past two days I have been feeling like the devil himself has paid me a visit for my evil ways. Now sod off dad.

Absolutely bogged down with one serious heavy duty flu bout. Or at least I presume flu. But means be what means be and there was no way could I continue with a shitty scruffy face and so a shave it had to be. I didn't care if it was BBS or dolphin, as long as it felt good. And boy oh boy I got more than I bargained for. I wouldn't like to say handsomely smooth because even on a good day I couldn't do handsome, so 'super' was kind enough.

Brilliant and certainly lifted my spirits.

I hope to be clear by May as the Beaver are playing Manchester. A 2023 highlight. So the Beaver it is.....

Hope you get to feeling yourself...............I mean better soon ;)(y)

And arriving on your screens is my shave themed, 'How the bloody hell did I manage this?'

View attachment 98063

'Introducing the ultimate shaving gadget. The pop-up portable shaving room. Available from all good outlets. But not the Emporium'

For the past two days I have been feeling like the devil himself has paid me a visit for my evil ways. Now sod off dad.

Absolutely bogged down with one serious heavy duty flu bout. Or at least I presume flu. But means be what means be and there was no way could I continue with a shitty scruffy face and so a shave it had to be. I didn't care if it was BBS or dolphin, as long as it felt good. And boy oh boy I got more than I bargained for. I wouldn't like to say handsomely smooth because even on a good day I couldn't do handsome, so 'super' was kind enough.

I hope to be clear by May as the Beaver are playing Manchester. A 2023 highlight. So the Beaver it is.....

I hope you feel better soon.

Get

View attachment 98063

Get Well Soon mate and as a Beaver always sais
Keep Your Pecker Up

SOTD 20221228.
qBWMyvt.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Racer Super Class Platinum (3).
Loris "Lavanta" EdC.

Wed 28
Soap Stirling BarberShop
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Nice & lightly powdery scented soap. The lather was acceptable, the brush very good and the splash awesome!
Good shave today with this solid razor. The edge kinda improved from the last use after a careful & deliberate stroping on the buffalo leather. 3 soft & comfortable passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20221228_132048.jpg

Every so often I just fancy a quick squirt of cream. Somehow I find creams less 'satisfying' than soap but this Proraso Sandalwood is so easy to get a good shave with. Outing 2 for the Black 7 o'clock platinum but in a moment of Spinal Tappery I turned the Slim up to 11 9 for sh!ts and giggles. I didn't have much to remove after yesterday's adventure in dermatomy but despite the yawning blade gap it was smoother than yesterday on 4 and another very close finish. I'll use Creightons balm and Tabac AS.
20221228_091128.jpg

SOTD: 28/12/2022

Razor: Gillette 1956 B1 USA Blue Tip
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Omega 011842 Jade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Soap: Signature Soaps Novus Spice Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Novus Spice Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Nightwitch Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A 1956 Playlist To Match the Razor
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Run out for the Blue Tip today, it always makes me smile. Definitely my favourite vintage razor in my collection. Along with some Old Spice-a-like smells all is good. Jade brush is breaking in nicely along with the other little piggies. Sometimes the stars align and produce a fantastic shave more than the sum of its parts, today is that day.

4B608905-16C3-43C2-BC6C-C9A88F986B2D.jpeg

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: ESC Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Alpha Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Cream: Signature Soaps Valentia
PS 1: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

First time trying a face lather, and I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of it and quality of the lather.

Also the first time using my SE Claymore Evo in a while; she's a pleasantly sharp one, but she bites! A few weepers even though I felt like I was being quite cautious. Although I appreciated the sharpness, I think I actually found the added width of the head a detractor as it was harder to navigate the dips and ridges of my neck topography.

28 December, 2022

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: Barrister & Mann: ‘Full Measure of a Man (Omnibus)
Fragrance: Atman Xaman Eau de Parfum by Lorenzo Villoresi.

So, using the different B&M bases pretty much back to back, you really can see and feel the gradual improvements made with each one.. the Omnibus base is thick, rich, creamy and holds a LOT of water.. It's one of those soaps that makes shaving a really enjoyable experience... and yeah, I really enjoyed that.

28 December

Rockwell 6S on #4
Personna platinum chrome
West German bristle
Mitchell’s Wool Fat

BBS in two passes plus minor pickups. All down to ideal combination of razor, blade, brush and soap, simple really. Splash the Bay Rum aftershave and feeling good despite the persistent heavy rain and strong wind which is making some outside chores a tad unpleasant.
Have a fine day fellas

DD58FB67-B651-46D4-A5B7-3AA9EB17DD16.jpeg

Last edited:
Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: ESC Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Alpha Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Cream: Signature Soaps Valentia
PS 1: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

First time trying a face lather, and I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of it and quality of the lather.

Also the first time using my SE Claymore Evo in a while; she's a pleasantly sharp one, but she bites! A few weepers even though I felt like I was being quite cautious. Although I appreciated the sharpness, I think I actually found the added width of the head a detractor as it was harder to navigate the dips and ridges of my neck topography.
I very rarely bowl lather my soap, it’s so easy to face lather it.

Back
Top Bottom