Thank you God bless

Not entirely in the picture about the furore, but would like to join all others in wishing you the best for the future.
Sad to see well respected members leave. Am in second forum mentioned , but a bit intimidated by photography skills
of members . ALL THE BEST FOR THE FUTURE.
Mike B

This is disappointing news, sorry to see you go @Nishy i've thoroughly enjoyed reading your input on brushes and the various other shaving/non-shaving related topics and thank you for all your contribution and hard work, including the group buys.

Best of luck with everything, see you around on some of the other forums.

Take care Nish! And good luck with the wedding.

I'm sure someone will seize the moment and release a limited edition aptly named soap [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh DFS is the douchiest forum around. A new UK forum sounds really interesting though - options are always good :)

DFS has a good, freedom loving philosophy for the most part, but lacking the humor and banter here. Very serious, and some crankiness, but cerebral... They need a lesson on British banter.

TSN, well, that place is a minefield of deleted posts, threads, and banned members... Not to mention that it is owned and run primarily to make Bullgoose and his paying vendors money. Anything that doesn't make Bullgoose money gets shut down pretty quick.

DFS has a good, freedom loving philosophy for the most part, but lacking the humor and banter here. Very serious, and some crankiness, but cerebral... They need a lesson on British banter.

TSN, well, that place is a minefield of deleted posts, threads, and banned members... Not to mention that it is owned and run primarily to make Bullgoose and his paying vendors money. Anything that doesn't make Bullgoose money gets shut down pretty quick.

A rather recent edition to wetshaving forums is the WTF.
It's google+ based though and I'm personally not a big fan of that UI.
The concept is to use your Google ID and actual name when posting.
I assume it can lead to more 'accountability' in what one posts as opposed to an anonymous userid.

Man, this thread is getting way ahead of itself, with people talking about other forums to look at or even starting another one. Yeah right. As I said before, good luck finding someplace better than here. Even now that's true, for me anyway. I should mention that few things piss me off more than my posts going poof all of a sudden. Also, what's frustrating is locking some threads before they are allowed to end with the final results being clear. I also understand the Mods have an often thankless job which is one reason I am not one.....heh.

All that needs to happen is to have this conversation for a while and see where that goes. Ideally more info will come out in a positive way in order to fix what's wrong on both sides of the Mod/Member aisle.

Certainly we haven't reached the point of having given up on getting TSR back to normal. Maybe some of y'all remember that little issue occurring maybe a year ago? Now that was a close call.

Maybe we can get Nishy and Rob back here and maybe not. Possibly it's the start of a fookin mutiny, but I kinda doubt that. Let me just be clear once more about an important point and done deal.

If you had to find a forum with less control than here, even now, it would be tough. Looking for banter? Really? Benign snozzleplop in places I stopped at over the years, that's what the banter situation's like. Plus, the Mods don't get sarcasm or facetiousness....double jackpot bust out. Or maybe they do get it, but hate that kinda humor. As a bonus, swearing in context is ok here too.

Ok, that's it,

Martin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom