S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kinfolks Blue Steel Special, 5/8"
Brush: Neep #1287 cobalt blue tulip horsehair
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root

First shave since Saturday night so a little pulling on the first pass, but all in all satisfactory. As ever, seemed to take forever to wash the cream residue off afterwards - what you gain on the lathering you lose on the cleanup?

Wednesday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue 2012 SE
Long Comb New / JEC handle
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman
Nivea Anti-irritation ASB

Another top job, really enjoying the MWF.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: MWF (soap of the week) + Lavender EO
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Merkur Slant 37c
Blade: Treet (2)
After: Alum, Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS, RSC ASB

MWF Week Day 3

Another day of good MWF lathering, I must be getting good at this! I heard somewhere on these forums that MWF performs better if it's used daily, seems right to me.
Experimented with a few drops of lavender EO to brighten up the scent; not sure if it was the right one though.
I've had no reaction to the lanolin so far, which is nice.

Results: smooth easy shave.

ingrams cream
merkur 43C
isana boar brush
treet (1)
alcolado glacial
aloe vera moisturiser

i reall like the ingrams including the chemical scent. the treet was awful though i'll give it a 2nd run out to see if it has 'softened'

Wednesday 05-29-13. MUSIC: The Byrds - Greatest Hits (1967).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ij6_SD9S74[/video]

239c6bb9-ab29-4707-b35e-572c512266db.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Vintage shaving brush TGN silvertip grade A - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Morris & Forndran Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood.

Wednesday 29th May

sotd29513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
MWF soap scuttle lathered (soap of the week)
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 66
Rapira Platinum lux (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Clean and comfortable shave today. I'm moving off the wool fat, tomorrow I'll use a different product. A different razor and blade set up for tomorrow.

Brian

Sir_eider said:
Wow, that is what I call a really well broken in Semogue SOC, my friend!

How much did you spend until it was like that?

Cheers!

Greetings

I purchased it already well broken, I think I could be described quite fairly as an abuser of brushes, I do press pretty hard and scrub in circular motions!

Regards
Dick.

Todays Shave

imageqcol.jpg

feather Pro artist club SS
Feather Pro Gard Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cederwood & Vetyver Face Lathered
Old spice White Water Splash

Took the first pass to find the correct angle with this new razor, but when found it delivered a wonderful shave, still room for improvements however but that's my fault not the razor, I got a few weepers under the chin nothing to worry about :blush:
BSS :D:D

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
NF Tubby 1, MWF (soap of the week)
Gillette Slim (setting #6), Rapira SS (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Following the success of my Fatboy on #7 yesterday, I thought I'd try the Slim on #6. Another truly excellent shave. May have shot myself in the foot... it's a bit close and I'm expecting my Progress in the post tomorrow... might have to wait an extra day to try it out

Today's shave,
Pre: Myrsol Emulsión.
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #21. (Loaned in)
Blade: Personna Med Blue. (1)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2, Best.
Soap: MdC Fougère.
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsámica.
EdC: Czech and Speake 88.

The result was an effortless shave with two days growth, two passes and really smooth. The Aristo is a real looker and performs admirably, which is a disaster! I was really hoping to dislike this razor, I didn't want the Aristo monkey too! :-/

Scott.

Wednesday 29th 05:15

Prep: Shower, Nivea face scrub, Head & Shoulders on stubble
Razor: EJ De89
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: New Forrest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Cream: TOBS Lemon & Lime
Aftershave: Alum block/rinse/Lucky Tiger AS
Balm: Porraso white

This shave was notable because of a new experience. I was expecting this blade to start going off, this or the next shave. After a perfectly normal start, the blade suddenly felt rough and on each stroke it got a LOT worse to the point where I had to stop the shave. Looking at the blade (yeah like I was going to see the rough edge with my eyesight) I suddenly realised the handle had unscrewed ever so slightly releasing the tension in the blade. Problem fixed and a perfectly normal shave followed. Lesson learned, bloodshed avoided but only just.
BR

merkur hd/ treet durasharp
muhle r41/ derby
shavemac #25 silvertip
truefitt and hill lavender shaving cream
l'occitane verdon AS
zino davidoff edt

absolutely rubbish shave with the treet the culprit. had to change razors after one pass because my face was raw and left with a fair few weepers from the treet durasharp. i cant believe i bought a hundred of these last year after i had a great shave from one id tried, i havent had a good shave with a durasharp since. utter shite. onwards and upwards though....

Back
Top Bottom